Did you recently lose your job as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic? Do you run a nonprofit or own a small business and need some assistance? Please see the info and resources below, courtesy of the Greater New York Chamber of Commerce and NYCETC.
New York State Updates
- New York will implement a 90-day moratorium on evictions for residential and commercial tenants.
- NYS will waive mortgage payments for 90 days based on financial hardship (with no late fees and no negative impact on credit).
- With respect to Sales Tax in NYS, the failure to timely remit sales tax will not be subject to interest or penalties. The deadline to pay Federal income taxes has been extended to July 15th
- New York has a critical need for Personal Protection Equipment including gloves, gowns, and masks. NYS needs companies to be creative to supply the crucial gear our healthcare workers need. NY will pay a premium and offer funding.
– Need Funding? 212-803-3100
– Have Unused Supplies? 646-522-8477, or email COVID19supplies@esd.ny.gov
to mitigate high call volumes.
- Public transportation will keep running to get nurses, doctors, law enforcement officers, and other essential personnel where they need to go. Everyone else: Limit the use of public transportation to only when absolutely necessary.
- KNOW YOUR RIGHTS: Click here for info on COVID-19 testing, insurance requirements, filing for unemployment, mortgages and banking, utilities, and submissions for price gouging complaints.
- Rental Arrears Grants for Single Adults and Families
Financial Supports for Nonprofits and Small Businesses
- NYC COVID-19 Response & Impact Fund for impacted non-profits
- Robin Hood COVID-19 Relief Fund
- NYC Employee Retention Grant Program
- Facebook Small Business Grants
Survey & Information Requests
- NYC Office of Nightlife: Survey for Nightlife Workers, Freelancers, and Businesses Impacted by COVID-19
- Human Services Council: HSC Provider Survey Regarding COVID-19
- PHI: How to Support Direct Care Workers during COVID-19
- SBS: COVID-19 Business Assistance Survey
- NYC Emergency Management: NYC Share Your Space Survey
- NYC Service: COVID-19 Response: Organization Volunteer Needs Survey
- NAWDP: COVID-19 Survey
- Point Source Youth: COVID-19 Youth Homelessness Survey
More Resources for Small Businesses: Loans & Grants
- NYC Employee Retention Grant Program – APPLY HERE
Available to New York City businesses with one to four employees that can demonstrate at least a 25% decrease in revenue as a result of COVID-19. Eligible businesses will receive a grant covering up to 40% of their payroll for two months. Businesses can access up to $27,000. Gather the appropriate documents.
- NYC Small Business Continuity Fund (Zero-Interest Loans) – MORE INFO
Businesses with fewer than 100 employees who are seeing a decrease in revenue of 25% or more will be eligible for zero-interest loans up to $75,000 to help mitigate profit losses.
- Federal Small Business Administration Assistance Loans – APPLY HERE
As a small business, small agricultural cooperative, small business engaged in aquaculture, or private non-profit organization, you may borrow up to $2 million. Gather the appropriate documents. Choose ‘Economic Injury‘ as the reason for the loan request.
- The U.S. Small Business Administration’s (SBA) Economic Injury Disaster Loans – offers up to $2 million to help small businesses and private non-profit organizations overcome the temporary loss of revenue they are experiencing as a result of the Coronavirus. The loans may be used to pay fixed debts, payroll, accounts payable and other bills that can’t be paid because of the disaster’s impact. The interest rate is 3.75% for small businesses without credit available elsewhere, and 2.75% for non-profits, with a maximum term of 30 years, depending on the ability to repay. Click here for more info. Check out the NYSBDC application guide for an excellent step-by-step explanation of applying through the SBA’s disaster loan portal. You can also refer to the SBA process summary or contact the SBA directly at email@example.com or (800)-659-2955.
- Renaissance Economic Development Corporation, an affiliate of Asian Americans for Equality, just announced its Emergency Small Business Relief Loan Fund to help the many independent neighborhood businesses imperiled by COVID-19. Learn more (or apply) at:
English – https://renaissance-ny.org/emergency-small-business-relief-loan-fund/
Chinese – https://renaissance-ny.org/emergency-loan-fund-chinese/
Korean – https://renaissance-ny.org/small-business-fund-korean
Spanish – https://renaissance-ny.org/emergency-fund-spanish
The Greater New York Chamber is open (working remotely)
and here to assist your business!
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 212-686-7220 or 212-CHAMBER.