It has been four months since Louisville police officers burst into Breonna Taylor’s home and murdered her in her sleep, and you know what? The three police officers who killed her are taking vacations. Eating dinners with their families. Posting pictures of themselves on Instagram. Collecting their paychecks. Living their lives.
You know who isn’t living her life? Breonna Taylor, a 26-year-old EMT, wife, daughter, friend, and so much more, who was SLEEPING IN HER HOME when she was shot and killed by police.
There was so much negligence surrounding this case and yet there is no justice at all. Two of the officers are even still working! None of them have been charged. Eighty-seven protestors have been charged with felonies, yet these murderers are out there free.
I know you’re tired. I am, too. And I know everything feels hopeless sometimes. But we cannot give into those feelings.
Get involved. Stay involved.
Ways to keep fighting for Breonna:
- Sign the official petition
- Use this script (or write your own!) to post on social media; use the hashtag #JusticeforBreonna and tag @GovAndyBeshear, @djaycameron, @danielcameronag, @repjohnyarmuth, @RandPaul, and @senatemajldr
- Donate to Louisville Community Bail Fund
- Call the #JusticeforBreonna number at 502-735-1784 to connect with Kentucky public officials who have the power to charge her killers (see image below for more details)
- Read this article for more actions to take: How to Demand Justice for Breonna Taylor